This event is SOLD OUT!
This in-person workshop is for new and experienced nonprofit board members, individuals interested in serving on a board and staff in leadership roles. Topics include:
- The legal structure of nonprofits and Wyoming’s nonprofit sector
- Different “hats” of a board member – Governance versus Volunteer
- Board Responsibilities:
- Lead Strategically
- Ensure Adequate Financial Resources and Protect Assets
- Select, Support and Evaluate CEO/Executive Director
- Ensure Compliance with Legal and Ethical Obligations
- Serve as an Advocate and Ambassador
- Ensure the Board Operates Effectively and Efficiently
Registration fee includes lunch and a Board Fundamentals Notebook.
Wyoming Nonprofit Network Members:
$35.00 per person
$15.00 per person for each additional person from same organization (staff or board members)
$50.00 per person
$30.00 per person for each additional person from same organization (staff or board members)
In Collaboration with: United Way of Southwest Wyoming
Sponsored by: Wyoming Machinery
Presenter: Jody Shields, Executive Director for the Wyoming Nonprofit Network, and Vice President for Align. Jody has over 25 years of experience in the nonprofit field in a variety of capacities, including consultant, trainer, board member, executive director and in other staff positions. A true believer in continuing education, Jody will obtain a Certificate of Nonprofit Board Consulting from BoardSource in November 2018.