Natrona County nonprofits only. A statewide opportunity will be offered at a later date for nonprofits outside of Natrona County.
This course is brought to you in partnership with the Natrona Collective Health Trust.
This interactive six-hour course will cover basic information about the Executive Director’s responsibilities for Human Resources in a non-profit without dedicated HR staff. Participants will leave with awareness and tools to handle many of the HR aspects of their job.
The course will cover:
- Job Descriptions (including template): A foundation for employment-related decisions in all the areas below.
- Compliance, including I-9s, paying people correctly under the Fair Labor Standards Act, plus an overview of ADA, USERRA, and Worker’s Compensation
- Preventing and responding to discrimination and harassment
- Performance Management and Documentation (template included), including hiring, firing, promoting, and evaluation
- Resources: Compensation and other information resources
- Most topics will include conversations about how Executive Directors can weave diversity, equity, and inclusion into their HR process.
Due to the interactive nature of the course, class size is limited to 20.
Lunch will be provided.
Presenter: Jenny Hargett, HR Director & Consultant, The Align Team
Jenny joined the Align Team as Human Resources Director and Consultant in 2022, and one of her greatest joys is helping others succeed. Jenny’s passion for helping others succeed led to a career in higher education leadership, human resources, and training & development. She brings knowledge of leadership and learning theory and excels at putting theory into practice. She uses her strong computer skills to develop efficient and effective processes and engaging training. Outside of work, Jenny enjoys her family, the great outdoors, and singing. She is a member of Cheyenne Rotary After Hours and sings in choirs in the Cheyenne community.